Diego Casado-Mansilla assisted to the ICT4S Summer School in Lorentz center
Published on Monday, 07 August 2017 - 14:45
The main objective of the summer school was to provide answers and hints about "How can digitalization can support a sustainable future".
The topics that were covered in the Summer school were:
- Requirements for Sustainability: Imagining the sustainable society (Birgit Penzenstadler)
- Climate Change and energy: the role of ICT in the transition to a post-carbon society (Steve Easterbrook)
- Systems Thinking: Modeling the dynamics of ICT and sustainability (Lorenz Hilty)
- Lifecycle Assessment: Measuring benefits and impacts (Chris Preist)
- The social and environmental footprint of the internet (Daniel Schien)
- Green Software Engineering: Designing software with a sustainable intent (Sjaak Brinkkemper)
- The enablement potential of ICT (Vlad Coroma)
- Smart Sustainable Cities (Mattias Höjer)
- Green living: Sustainable buildings, transport and food (Sam Mann)
- Abundance: how we harness ICT’s capacity to shape behavior and action (Marie Ferrario)
- Limits: Social resilience and the re-invention of social institutions (Daniel Pargman)
Lots of interesting discussions arised during the summer school among attendants and intructors. Diego Casado-Mansilla did teanmate with 4 other students from Norway, Netherlands, Great Britain and Sweeden to write a paper about the potential of selling mobile phones as a service to reduce environmental impact and the CO2 footprint that the device bring in their whole lifecycle.