Dr. Diego López-de-Ipiña is an associate professor and principal researcher of “MORElab – Envisioning Future Internet" and director of DEUSTEK/MORElab research group, associated to DeustoTech – Deusto Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, University of Deusto in Bilbao, SPAIN. He was the director of the PhD program within the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Deusto from September 2013 to August 2018. He received his PhD from the University of Cambridge, U.K in 2002 with a dissertation entitled “Visual Sensing and Middleware Support for Sentient Computing”.
He is responsible for the teaching modules “Software Process & Quality”, “Advanced Software Development” and “Internet Protocols, Technologies and Services” offered in the BSc and MSc in Computer Engineering degrees offered by the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Deusto.
His main research interests are pervasive computing, internet of things, semantic service middleware, open linked data, social data mining and mobile-mediated and tangible human-environment interaction. He is currently focusing his work on the role of citizens as active data contributors to the knowledge of a city modelled as Linked Data. He has been PhD supervisor in 15 dissertations. He has directed more than 100 final year and Master theses. He is taking and has taken part in several big consortium-based research European (INTERLINK, REACH, EDI, SIMPATICO, CITY4AGE, GREENSOUL, WELIVE, MOVESMART, IES CITIES, MUGGES, SONOPA, CBDP, GO-LAB, LifeWear) and Spanish (THOFU, mIO!, ADAPTA, SABESS, PIRAmIDE, ACROSS) projects, mostly as principal researcher from the Deusto part, involving the adoption of mobile computing, Cloud Computing, semantic web, social data mining, linked open data, social robotics, smart cities, open government and Web 2.0 and beyond to novel AmI-related application areas such as urban computing, sustainable computing or AAL. He has more than 200 publications in relevant international conferences and journals on Ubiquitous Computing, Semantic Web, Middleware, Smart Cities and AmI, including more than 60 JCR-indexed journal articles.
- Shows the graph relationship between Diego López-de-Ipiña and his co-authors.
- Number of publications
- Timeline with the number of publications (by type and total amount) authored by Diego López-de-Ipiña through the years.
- Author place
- Distribution of publications by author place, classified by publication type authored by Diego López-de-Ipiña.
- Tag cloud
- Weighed list of the topics used in the publications authored by Diego López-de-Ipiña, visually represented as a cloud.
- Similar people
- Performs an analysis based on the topics used by Diego López-de-Ipiña, looking for similar people having published in those topics. The greatest the overlap, the strongest the similarity between them.